The only thing depends on who wins the debate between self-monitored home security systems and professional security monitoring is the only one to who is paying attention to it? Self-monitoring is rightly a cost-effect security solution but it places the burden on you to receive the alert, notice it, and respond immediately. What if you’re busy at work, on vacation, asleep, or forgot to charge your phone?
Effective self-monitoring requires your attention and a cell connection 24/7, which might not be possible every time. Many people don’t consider the many everyday situations that put them out of touch – at least temporarily:
- Cell phone “dead zones” in certain areas.
- Hospitals: Many hospitals strongly discourage or prohibit cell phone usage in specific areas. You could miss an important alert while visiting a friend or relative.
- Traveling: Do you travel for work? If you’re on an airplane you may not have access to your security system.
- Working Out: Do you go for runs or exercise in other ways? Is your phone with you during your entire workout?
- Important life moments: There are just times in your life when you don’t want to be interrupted by your phone! Weddings, honeymoons, childbirth, religious services, job interviews, etc.
Here we are just trying to say that, you cannot see your phone 24/7. That is a reason of having a professional at a central monitoring station looking out for your safety is important.
Moreover, having a professional alarm monitoring system, police is likely to respond much faster. YouTube is full of burglary videos posted by homeowners with self-monitoring video-only security solutions. Many show the intruders entering the house, rummaging for valuables, and sometimes even fixing a meal before leaving with everything they can carry. In this case, the thieves even stole the camera – and $30,000 worth of valuables.
In such cases, however, all the camera does is just to give you a memorable home movie. Hopefully, the police can match the intruder’s face with a known criminal, but if not, you’re out of luck. But with a fully integrated, professional monitored system like JAQX, you may still get that “home movie” of the burglars, but with a happier ending: police apprehending the thieves and definitely hauling them off to jail. JAQX offers low-cost self-monitoring starting at just $39.99 per month. Consider the benefits of professional monitoring;
- When life (or geography) interferes with your technology use, you can rely on JAQX. Our operators monitor your security system 24/7/365 whether you’re at home or away. Here’s how it works:
- Detect: Operators receive an alert from your JAQX system.
- Verify: They try to contact you to check the situation, always asking for your verbal passcode to verify your identity than that you aren’t being forced to say “all is ok.”
- Contact: If needed, the operators dispatch first responders and provide information about the situation.
- Home insurance discounts are another benefit of professional security monitoring. Insurance companies offer premium discounts for monitored systems, but not for self-monitoring.
- JAQX offers you access to your home’s alarm system from an Internet-capable device, such as your smart phone, computer or tablet. You can also setup alerts to be sent when your alarm system is activated or deactivated.
- View a live video stream on your smartphone from any JAQX IP video camera installed in or around the home.
The whole reason for purchasing a security system is to protect your family and home. Every second counts in the event of an intruder breaking into your home, so if you prefer experienced professionals keeping watch over your home in the background, you might want to consider a JAQX secured smart home system.