We are in the middle of Fall and Winter is right around the corner creeping up on us. Soon enough, it’ll be that time of year when your gate operators and compatible safety devices need to be checked thoroughly. We have prepared a list of things that need to be checked and maintained. The safety checklist is divided into types of Gate Operators you use whether its Slide Swing or Overhead machinery, we have you covered.
Slide Gate Operators:
- Lubrication is essential for the smooth operation of Slide Gate Operators. One needs to make sure that chains and rolling wheels are properly lubricated.
- Safety devices such as safety loops, safety photo eyes, safety rubber sensors need to be examined and photo eyes should have covers or hoods to prevent rain water from going in as it can malfunction it.
Swing Gate Operators:
- Hinges need to be lubricated in Swing Gate Operators to ensure maximum efficiency
- Safety devices and photo eyes need to be covered so water from melted snow or rain water, does not get in
- Just a visual inspection of your system can help you pinpoint any problems in the Operator, safety device or related accessories
Overhead Gate Operators:
- Overhead Gate Operators need to be inspected by a professional to make sure track rollers are in good working condition
- Jam track power arms need to be lubricated. Kicker rollers should be in place to prevent the gate from closing so far in.
These are just some general tips one needs to follow in order to make sure the gate operators are in top shape and safe to operate.